Friday, June 18, 2010

Scampy!

Monday, June 14th

We woke up pretty bright and early considering the massive blue screen I got from Windows 7 at about midnight while I was trying to finish all the grades due today! Pretty stressful--I'll never go camping the last week of the quarter again! /end o' rant...

We headed just down the road (so flat!) to the Scamp Factory! It's hard to miss...



There, the receptionist

handed us over to Al, our salesman who we had dealt with for months and who had been so helpful.


(Al's office was really cool. I wanted to take about 100 pictures of all the fishing flys, grandkid photos, lures, pelts, pictures of the ideal Land o' Lakes, and stacks of papers everywhere.)

The manufacturing facility was impressive in a fumes and Industrial Age kind of way:



We were both nervous about driving El Scamp, but have since found it to be really easy. The electric brakes we put in are helpful! I ended up not being able to sleep in it the first night because the fumes were so intense, so I decamped to the tent, which we had left up just in case. Even Scott was having trouble with a headache, but he was too lazy to get up. He had stored his therma rests under a side bench under the bed. It poured and poured and, ironically, I remembered why I love tents (that work..when I have a cot and foam to sleep on).



By the next night, however, with some airing out, Scampy was great!

2 comments:

  1. I love it... very cute! And I am so glad you two are taking this trip. You're not missing much here; it's been cold and wet most of the time (although today, quite nice). Love n' hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cold and wet sounds GREAT! It's going to be 95 degrees here in Nashville tomorrow! It's gorgeous, but I'm already homesick!

    ReplyDelete