June 16, Wednesday
Oh, the shame.
While this blog isn't a confessional, it might help expiate the burden on our sinful souls. Yes. We went to a Sprawl Mart. In Tomah, WI, we saw it from the freeway and there they were, changing someone's oil! We had looked around and found nothing we trusted, not that I'm way trusting of WM. And, oh, while we were at it, we bought:
- windshield wipers
- summer girl tops for me (we don't need these in PT)
- a door mat
- a hair cut (me--quel relief)
While all that was going on, the sun came out (!) Scott was spreading out the tent, the tarp, the towels, and it looked like the Okies were taking over the parking lot, especially with T-Lou lying around after some serious chuckit workout.
It Gets Worse
All dried out, we cruised along, but I needed to check in because two grades were messed up. Where could I go to get Wifi? Where else but...McD's! Oh, double shame. Did the deed, felt like I had to buy something. The chicken wrap? Barely. The fries for Scott? Sure. The McFlurry? Ick, ick--don't do it. I think there was some BP oil in there.
My Old Stomping Ground, Swallowed by Franchises
We cruised by my old college, Beloit, on the border of Wisconsin and Illinois. Apartments, fast food, malls, none of which was there in 1969 when half the people now on the planet weren't. I didn't want to welter in the past, so we didn't stop. We drove and drove, and then we got to our favorite place so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment